A Season of Expectancy by Mom Squad Member Marlia Bryonne


Have you ever gone through a season in your life where everything and I mean EVERYTHING was falling apart? And during that time you spent most of your days worrying about tomorrow, crying about yesterday, and doubting God while in the process. 

Please tell me that I am not the only person that has been in a place where prayers went unanswered and the enemy seemed to be winning a battle that you had no energy fight. Well I am here to tell you that there is light at the end of the tunnel and your latter shall be greater.



After going through all that I went through many believed that it was impossible for me to end up where I am today, BUT GOD. After becoming a single mom I had crazy anxiety, slight depression, and an attitude that resembled nothing but the enemy. I was broken and in need of a fixer or shall I say a healer. This is where the Lord found me, saved me, changed me, and comforted me.  I quickly moved from religion to relationship. The great thing about having an intimate relationship with God is that we can all come to Him in complete honesty, holding nothing back. That’s something that I love about David, he held nothing back when talking to The Lord. Here are a few things that I learned from Psalm 5.

 “ Listen to my words, LORD, consider my lament. Hear my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray.  In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.”

* Have a close, open, and honest relationship with the Lord.
* Let your request be known.
* Speak with Him daily, especially in the morning.
* Patiently wait with expectancy.

 “For you are not a God who is pleased with wickedness; with you, evil people are not welcome. The arrogant cannot stand in your presence. You hate all who do wrong; you destroy those who tell lies. The bloodthirsty and deceitful you, LORD, detest. But I, by your great love, can come into your house; in reverence I bow down toward your holy temple. Lead me, LORD, in your righteousness because of my enemies—make your way straight before me.

* Know what sin is.
* Recognize the sin in your life and lives others and choose to live a blameless life.
* Seek Him ask for assistance and guidance in the area of living holy.

These are just a few pointers that I found helpful as I graduated from uncertainty and entered into a season of expectancy. They seem pretty but once you apply these tips to your daily life the enemy will do everything in his power to stop you from achieving success with Christ.  So be wise, stay strong, and expect for the Lord to do great and mighty things in your life.

The craziest thing about my current season is that I don’t know how, why, what, or when things are going to change but the Spirit in me is anticipating something enormous. My desire is for you all to go from the fearful state of distrust to a hopeful place of complete belief in our Lord and Savior. You deserve to enjoy a season of expectancy. 

Be blessed and keep me posted.

-Marlia Bryonne