Understanding the Spirit of Truth in Our Lives - By Mom Squad Member Rachel Scott

As my 6 year old daughter and I sat in the car engaged in conversation about anything that popped in her brain. She began to ask specific questions about carrying a baby. As much as I love all her questions, I am even more grateful for the times when those questions reveal to me something great about my Savior and/or Christ role in my life. “Mommy, why can’t you eat whatever you want?” She asked. “Well, because the baby doesn’t like everything I want so then I will feel sick” I replied. 


“So does the baby do everything that you do, like is it driving the car with you right now?” “Well, yes and no.” I stated “Just like now, I’m in the car driving, but he isn’t actually driving, however if I hit the brakes hard and stop to quickly he could get hurt because he is a part of me.” At that moment I paused. I began to realize that what I just told my daughter was relative to how Gods Spirit works in my own life. Although His Spirit may not physically be doing what I am doing, it is a part of everything that I do. So everything I do affects Him.
What an amazing revelation about the Gods spirit within our lives.  John 14:16-17 states,
6 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be[c] in you. (NIV)
A word or revelation from God is always confirmed by his written word. I am so thankful he left me such an amazing gift upon his departure.